Talk

Advanced search

Carrycot for long babies

(6 Posts)
mintatown Fri 24-Jul-15 11:31:49

My little boy is 60 cm at 6 weeks so on 98th centile according to Health Visitor! He was long in the womb and I'm tall so think he'll continue to grow like a weed. We bought the Uppababy Cruz and the carry cot has a maximum length of 63 cm according to the label inside.

Anyone know of a good pram with a particularly long carry cot? I love the Cruz but don't want to move to the upright push chair option just yet as DS loves being snug inside the carrycot and gazing upwards. Thinking I might sell the whole system on EBay while it's still in good nick and get something with a bit more room for growth!

Any ideas?

firsttimemothergoose Fri 24-Jul-15 14:08:33

Remember that babies lie with their legs all curled up and not outstretched. I have the uppababy vista and my little one who is 91st centile stayed in there til four months. I pushed it as long as I possibke could but they were comfortable for a long time.

MrsBojingles Fri 24-Jul-15 20:52:17

DD is 99th centime and grew out of her uppababy vista pram at about 4 months. We had to stick her in the pushchair fully reclined - discovered you could undo a loop and drop it so her legs were flatter. She's been fine in it.

Beetleandbug Fri 24-Jul-15 21:14:30

My little boy is 98th centile for length and he was in the vista bassinet until 5.5 months. His legs were never straight so it wasn't a problem.

Bambooshoots14 Fri 24-Jul-15 21:17:07

We also had vista. Ds also 98 percentole. We moved to the seat at 4 months ish and used the wedge from car seat under his bum to help in first few weeks

mintatown Sun 26-Jul-15 10:01:37

Thanks ladies! Very helpful. I'll stick with it for as long as possible.... the chassis is so nice and light and I love the colour (Georgie blue). 4 months isn't too bad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now