Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Carrycot for long babies

(6 Posts)
mintatown Fri 24-Jul-15 11:31:49

My little boy is 60 cm at 6 weeks so on 98th centile according to Health Visitor! He was long in the womb and I'm tall so think he'll continue to grow like a weed. We bought the Uppababy Cruz and the carry cot has a maximum length of 63 cm according to the label inside.

Anyone know of a good pram with a particularly long carry cot? I love the Cruz but don't want to move to the upright push chair option just yet as DS loves being snug inside the carrycot and gazing upwards. Thinking I might sell the whole system on EBay while it's still in good nick and get something with a bit more room for growth!

Any ideas?

firsttimemothergoose Fri 24-Jul-15 14:08:33

Remember that babies lie with their legs all curled up and not outstretched. I have the uppababy vista and my little one who is 91st centile stayed in there til four months. I pushed it as long as I possibke could but they were comfortable for a long time.

MrsBojingles Fri 24-Jul-15 20:52:17

DD is 99th centime and grew out of her uppababy vista pram at about 4 months. We had to stick her in the pushchair fully reclined - discovered you could undo a loop and drop it so her legs were flatter. She's been fine in it.

Beetleandbug Fri 24-Jul-15 21:14:30

My little boy is 98th centile for length and he was in the vista bassinet until 5.5 months. His legs were never straight so it wasn't a problem.

Bambooshoots14 Fri 24-Jul-15 21:17:07

We also had vista. Ds also 98 percentole. We moved to the seat at 4 months ish and used the wedge from car seat under his bum to help in first few weeks

mintatown Sun 26-Jul-15 10:01:37

Thanks ladies! Very helpful. I'll stick with it for as long as possible.... the chassis is so nice and light and I love the colour (Georgie blue). 4 months isn't too bad!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: