Talk

Advanced search

5-6 months dc

(15 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Tue 21-Jul-15 17:06:35

what were your dcs doing at this age?

worldsworstmum2015 Tue 21-Jul-15 17:30:48

Nothing much, 5 bottles a day sleeping 12hrs at night, smiling, giggling rolling onto the side occasionally rolling on to stomach, putting anything in the hands to the mouth

RavioliOnToast Tue 21-Jul-15 17:37:30

thats pretty much the same as my DD, except she doesn't roll over, only onto her side, oh and she still wakes twice a night sad I couldn't renemshock what DD1 did at this age and keep panicking thinking DD2 should be sitting up and rolling around haha

MrsCK Tue 21-Jul-15 18:06:54

He can't sit properly and wobbles around a lot when we try or when I try to stand him up. he rolls from tummy to back but that's about it! giggles lots, everything goes into his mouth and he gurgles lots. I have friends whose babies are crawling, sitting etc but hey I wouldn't have my little man any other way smile grin

ShipShapeAhoy Tue 21-Jul-15 18:10:23

My dd was sitting by then and she could roll but she was one of the youngest at the baby group we attended to do so. On the other hand, she's one year old and has never slept for more than six hours without waking - and actually is awake about once an hour a night, every night... And not going to sleep until 9pm on a good night. (Anywhere between 9-12 is normal).

PerfectlyPosed Tue 21-Jul-15 18:14:42

Laughing, chattering and blowing raspberries a lot. Almost sitting and can roll onto her side but only gone fully over once. Sleeps through most nights. Has one little tooth grin

switswoo81 Tue 21-Jul-15 19:12:09

Can roll from back to front but then gets stuck so screams, put back on back and it starts again. Lifts head and tries to get knees under her on front.
No teeth. Figured out the jumperoo last week., have to wrestle her out o it.
Has horrendous reflux so drinks 7 small bottles a day but sleeps 8:30 till 9:30.
Moved into buggy from carrycot recently and has discovered what a fascinating place the world is. I.e stares at strangers in shops until they feel obliged to talk to her...

ApplesTheHare Tue 21-Jul-15 21:45:00

Trying to sit up, getting frustrated, still being sick quite a bit... Erm, learning to self settle as opposed to being rocked to sleep. Not much really though, still lots of feeding and pooing grin

PerfectlyPosed Tue 21-Jul-15 21:53:00

Switswoo, how old is your little one? I am considering moving DD to buggy as she keeps trying to sit up in carry cot but think she may be a little young. She is 5 months but quite big.

switswoo81 Tue 21-Jul-15 21:58:15

perfectlyposed shes 23 weeks today, but we moved her last week. She was also trying to pull herself up, its a bugaboo cameleon so probably should have waited a while but her head control is excellent and she loves looking around. Have went on long walks and she just looks around. Was embarassed at first though shes teeny tiny due to reflux so looked lost in it.

PerfectlyPosed Tue 21-Jul-15 22:26:49

Ah maybe I'll move her then. We have the same pram grin she is 21 weeks but nearly 18lbs so don't think she would look out of place.

switswoo81 Tue 21-Jul-15 22:33:25

She'll be grand, my baby is not even 14 pounds yet. Has only gained 5 pounds since birth.Its very easy to change over plus takes up way less of boot!

Allthenamesareusedup Tue 21-Jul-15 22:40:34

My ds3 was born 18/2 (don't know how many weeks nor weight!, but wearing age 6-9mo mainly) also just moved to Bugaboo Cham buggy seat and is much happier for it. Sleep awful though, rarely more than 4hrs at a time overnight, and often only one or two. Feeds back to sleep in 5mins, or dummy reinsert every half an hour. Had forgotten how exhausting/boring sleep deprivation is, how do you people manage to make your babies sleep??? Had hoped we would be third time lucky. Oh and sitting for short periods and gurgling and chuckling, and rolling front to back.

Ekkwhine Tue 21-Jul-15 22:43:48

My 6mo is sitting and just beginning to go from sitting to all fours.

However she doesn't sleep in more than 2 hour blocks (can it even be a block at just 2 hours?!) and has no teeth.

My DS at 6mo was kind of sitting, had two teeth and babbled a lot. They're all so different!

ch1134 Wed 22-Jul-15 07:50:56

Could sit but preferred trying to crawl. Could roll and hold himself up on a baby walker push along thing. Laughed a lot. Woke 3-4 times per night. Babbled a lot. Threw up a lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now