Talk

Advanced search

Sling advice

(11 Posts)
pinkie1982 Mon 20-Jul-15 11:44:42

I have a 7 week old baby, born at 34w. I want to get a sling but have no idea what sort to try! Can I have some suggestions/experiences please?
TIA xx

MrsLeoTolstoy Mon 20-Jul-15 12:51:24

Congratulations. I loved carrying my babies. Start of with a stretchy wrap that you can tie round you and pop baby into. Then it's up to preference really. I used a ring sling and a Boba 4G once DD2 was bigger. They were/are brilliant even in toddler years.

Roseybee10 Mon 20-Jul-15 12:54:46

I love my close caboo.

badg3r Mon 20-Jul-15 14:08:29

Go to a sling library and try some out. I love my beco soleil, our ds didn't even go in a pram till he was a month old and I still prefer that sling now (currently 9kg baby). We've also got a ring sling, outward facing baby Bjorn type thing (harder on the back) and mai tei that folds up very small. Have fun!

Millionprammiles Mon 20-Jul-15 14:14:27

Second the rec to try some out at a sling library. Am very glad I did that. The only sling I really got on with was the Moby wrap. Really comfy and easy to use.

eaiand2 Mon 20-Jul-15 14:28:56

I'd definitely recommend wrapping! Try a stretchy wrap at first with one for little, then wovens when bigger. It takes a bit of practice to get the hang of it, but if you start before they get too wriggly it's easy!

minipie Mon 20-Jul-15 21:07:39

I have a close caboo and a Beco Gemini. The Caboo is great for newborns (stretchy and cosy like a wrap but but much easier to learn to use) but not so good when they get heavy IME. The Beco is fab - so comfy and well made, - but not sure how it would be for a tiny baby.

Check the weight requirements carefully if your DD is small - the close caboo is one of the few suitable for babies under 7 or 8lb.

DanyStormborn Mon 20-Jul-15 21:11:24

I loved my stetchy wrap when did was a newborn, still love it now at almost 5 months but looking into less stetchy options now she moves about more and is getting bigger. Stetchy wraps are great as you can tie it once (takes 30 seconds) and just pop baby in and out as many times as you like without having to take it off. They are also cheap. I have a Moby (light I think) and will use it for my next baby too.

PlumFairy2014 Tue 21-Jul-15 09:07:13

Just agreeing the stretchy is amazing!
Sling groups are ace for trying them out. I thought I was a buckle person, but soon realised ring slings are my thing. smile
If you're in the south west drop me a message if you like, there's a few great sling meets around.
Happy carrying! X

Teeste Tue 21-Jul-15 19:48:42

I couldn't find a sling meet locally, but I do love my Amawrap - it was an MN recommendation smile Stretchy, ties rund the waist and (hallelujah) my 5 week old sleeps really well in it whilst leaving my hands free to have a drink and stuff.

StripeyTed Tue 21-Jul-15 19:58:30

I use the NCT caboo carrier, it's suitable from 5lb, so was perfect for my little 33weeker! Really comfortable and easy to use, baby stills enjoys a carry in it now he's 8months old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now