Talk

Advanced search

newborn clothes

(5 Posts)
samroberts2 Sat 18-Jul-15 16:51:17

hi. im a ftm 40 + 1 pregnant. i was just wondering how much clothes does a newborn need? we have got clothes but not sure how much we need? xx

Graciescotland Sat 18-Jul-15 16:53:12

I've had spectacularly pukey babies so a dozen sleepsuits and a dozen vests. You'll be given stuff anyway and fancy outfits are pointless for a newborn.

BlueThursday Sat 18-Jul-15 17:06:04

I'd recommend some long sleeved vests as well as short.

DD has been given some lovely summery outfits but with this weather they're no good without the vests

m33r Sat 18-Jul-15 18:31:29

Get some sleep suits and vests but don't go mad. Once you have your little one you can see what suits you. For us, we discovered that we only used sleep suits that had the built in hand mittens and also that our baby fee super fast so we needed more in the upper sizes but a few in the smaller. Hang on to your money and go window shopping with DP or DM so that they can mobilise.

FWIW like PP said, my LB was only in sleep suits for a good few weeks.

Blankiefan Sat 18-Jul-15 21:34:10

As per pp, don't get too much. Half a dozen vests and half a dozen sleep suits. People will buy you loads (even practical strangers) - it's really lovely; people love babies.
And for anything else, Tesco is always open!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now