Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Update (although no one will remember me)!!

(21 Posts)
Wilberforce2 Fri 17-Jul-15 21:13:19

I posted on here just over a year ago when my second child (dd) was 3 months old, I was feeing horrendous and quite obviously (to me now anyway) in the throes of PND. I received some fantastic advice and a lot of sympathy but I never felt strong enough to reply so my post just fell off of the page.

Anyway thanks to the ladies on here I made a GP appointment and was immediately diagnosed with PND,my GP was fantastic and put me straight into Citalopram. I am a year on now and today is 8 weeks since I took my last tablet (I did two weeks before that of every other day).

Completely pointless post but I wanted to say a belated thank you and just to tell someone because I didn't let any of my friends or family know and now I want to shout that I am feeling better grin

x

Wolfiefan Fri 17-Jul-15 21:14:33

Not a pointless post at all. A joyful one! Shout away!
Well done for seeking help. Xx

ReluctantCamper Fri 17-Jul-15 21:16:07

Fantastic news. So pleased for you, and well done on getting help.

hesterton Fri 17-Jul-15 21:16:16

Great to hear. Thanks for the update.

Highlandbird Fri 17-Jul-15 21:17:42

Ahh, I went through the same thing and mn helped me too! So glad to hear you're feeling better, keep looking after yourself thanksthanks

Trebushay Fri 17-Jul-15 21:19:28

That's great maybe your post will encourage someone else to go to the GP.

So pleased you are feeling better have a small wine

redcaryellowcar Fri 17-Jul-15 21:21:22

Well done you, becoming a parent has to be one of the biggest life shocks there is, year one done, now onto the next bit!

LongLankyLegs Fri 17-Jul-15 21:25:59

Lovely post, well done on coming off ad's. Glad you're feeling better and doing well smile

Wilberforce2 Fri 17-Jul-15 21:29:52

Thanks everyone, I don't feel so stupid now for posting an update! It's really nice to actually tell someone because I feel all proud of myself.

Baby is currently in some kind of sleep regression so it's a rather large wine tonight while dh is on baby monitor duty!!

Quasicrystals1456 Fri 17-Jul-15 21:30:34

Lovely update. Well done. X

Rosieliveson Fri 17-Jul-15 21:59:37

That's great news and a really inspiring update for those who may feel similar to the way you did and wonder about seeking help.
winethanks

BlueThursday Fri 17-Jul-15 22:19:31

Smashing news - cheers to that wine

ChillySundays Sat 18-Jul-15 19:01:16

Lovely update. Hopefully it will help other s going through it now that there is light at the end of the tunnel

Abby21 Sat 18-Jul-15 19:15:33

Well done you xx

tribpot Sat 18-Jul-15 19:18:11

So glad you're feeling better. Perhaps now you are, it might be a good time to mention it to family and friends - you never know who else might be suffering and feeling like they're the only one.

Well done you and make sure that wine is a large one.

ovenchips Sat 18-Jul-15 19:18:44

What a great update! Well done you.

iheartshoes Sat 18-Jul-15 19:23:17

Well done OP have a wine I'm in awe of anyone with more than one DC !!!

louisejxxx Sat 18-Jul-15 19:26:36

Not a pointless post at all...hopefully your story will encourage others who may not even currently recognise their symptoms as pnd to at least go and speak to someone.

Flingingmelon Sat 18-Jul-15 19:43:55

Good for you and it's so nice to read posts like this now and again, clearly we're not all nasty judgypants hoikers. smile

FlossieTreadlight Sat 18-Jul-15 20:58:25

I'm so pleased for you, that's excellent news thankswine

Bimberley Thu 23-Jul-15 11:36:44

That's a lovely update smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now