Talk

Advanced search

Lack of social skills in 11 month old. Should I be worried?

(8 Posts)
Izzy82 Fri 17-Jul-15 14:08:15

So, I have a little boy who is nearly 11 months old. He will smile occasionally with people he knows (me, dad and Nan) but doesn't smile for other people.
In addition, he doesn't really copy actions (waving, blowing kisses) and he doesn't babble. he has a high pitch scream and he can say 'ra ra' but very little else.
he enjoys games such as peekaboo and his motor skills seem fine. Likewise, he is very 'with it' and likes to watch and observe what is going on.

Should I be worried?
I spoke to health visitor at his 9 month review who told me not to worry and to wait and see.
But now I'm getting worried. I can't help compare him to other babies his age (I know you're not meant to but how can you not?
Has this happened to anyone else and did your child catch up socially eventually.
Thanks for reading
X

Nolim Fri 17-Jul-15 14:13:32

No you dont need to worry

MrsBojingles Fri 17-Jul-15 15:13:47

Don't worry, sounds normal for a lot of babies that agr

DrDre Fri 17-Jul-15 15:15:27

Don't worry

hugoagogo Fri 17-Jul-15 15:17:39

No

hugoagogo Fri 17-Jul-15 15:22:16

I mean no, I don't think you should worry, he sounds absolutely fine.

Babies vary such a lot at that age, some bounding ahead with talking, others motor skills, some still soaking up the world.
Please don't worry- enjoy your little boy.

Writerwannabe83 Fri 17-Jul-15 17:08:38

Sounds fine to me.

My DS didn't start waving and blowing kisses until he was 14 months old.

Babies do different things at different ages so try not to compare flowers

Ilovenannyplum Fri 17-Jul-15 17:18:42

My DS is also 11 months too, he has literally just mastered waving although it's still a work in progress he can't pull himself up yet and cannot stand at all but he's an excellent roller and has perfected the army crawl. He doesn't stop 'talking' though. Ever. Mum mum mum. Dad dad dad. Aaaalllll day bless him.

They all do things at different stages, don't stress over it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now