Talk

Advanced search

help help help screaming baby at wit's end!

(10 Posts)
LegoComplex Thu 16-Jul-15 16:41:09

can't get hold of my partner and my ds 3 months is acting out of character he's been crying and screaming for nearly an hour now! bright red, stiff, won't feed he screams if i try, constant screaming help! nappys changed and he's winded temp under armpit was ok but i dont know what to do! typing with one hand!

HoldenCaulfield80 Thu 16-Jul-15 16:43:31

Didn't want to read and run but have no other advice than calling 111? If it's out of character and persistent crying then I certainly would. Hope all is ok thanks

Alibabsandthe40Musketeers Thu 16-Jul-15 16:43:58

Sounds like colic or something. Could he be too hot? It's a very humid day.

Check his gums - is he teething?

LegoComplex Thu 16-Jul-15 16:55:16

thank you, i didnt know if 111 would think it was silly, i have actually managed to get him to doze off but hes still quite agitated if he starts again i may give them a call. don't think he's too hot and not totally sure on teething but could try granules thank you

Tobiasfunke Thu 16-Jul-15 17:07:54

If he starts again check him all over that he hasn't got something caught or nipped by nappies or clothing. DS once did this and we were frantic. Turned out DH had managed to wrap the elastic from his wee shoe things round his wee toe. I know someone who managed to catch some of their babies skin in a popper. Could well be teething. Ds got his first tooth at 3.3 months.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 16-Jul-15 17:09:44

Check he doesn't have a hair/thread wrapped around fingers/toes/penis

Oly4 Thu 16-Jul-15 17:12:38

If it continues then call 111. But 3 month old babies do do this. It's exhausting!! It could be anything... Tummy ache, teeth, constipation. Offer cuddles and food as required

Chickz Thu 16-Jul-15 18:12:29

You could try giving some calpol to see if that helps.

Buglife Thu 16-Jul-15 20:04:26

When's the last time he slept? My DS would get so inconsolable when overtired he couldn't feed because he was tired/screaming but then wouldn't sleep because he wanted a feed... It would take ages of shushing and calming to get him quiet. It really was shocking the state he could get in just from being awake for over two hours.

cosmicdancer89 Sat 18-Jul-15 17:19:34

What Buglife said. Mine gets hysterical from overtiredmess and I just have to persist with shushing, rocking, holding close and he passes out. Swaddling or putting him in sling can help. As does hairdryer (white noise). He/s 11 weeks. good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now