Talk

Advanced search

Tips to help dds (and me) manage squabbling over 6wk holidays!

(4 Posts)
Molotov Wed 15-Jul-15 09:20:56

Dds are 6yo and 3yo. They are wonderful little girls; well-behaved and loving but oh my days, they can squabble!

It's recently turned physical where dd1 will try and physically restrain dd2 by her wrists, then dd2 will slap or throw a punch at her sister. They sound like my cats when they're on tue the warpath.

I was glad to send them to school and nursery this morning just to separate them and not have to be the ref sad As a SAHP, I have sole care of them for the 6w holidays and would appreciate tips for how to effectively manage these outbursts from them, as I don't think yelling 'stop it! STOP IT!' is the best thing to do.

TIA. (Have also posted in Chat for traffic).

Molotov Wed 15-Jul-15 17:31:29

shouldwestayorshouldwego Wed 15-Jul-15 17:41:20

Going out or organising one friend each helps. The older one might even be invited back to play giving you some time with the younger one. Somewhere like the cinema where they don't need to interact too much. Other than that it does mean actively monitoring them. My dd are now 8 & 10 and still fight. Dd2 has just moved to a different school and has shorter but more frequent holidays so they will have 2 fewer weeks together this summer a bit extreme but hopefully it will help!

Mindexplode Wed 15-Jul-15 17:41:57

I have DT and feel your pain

one thing we do is joint points for good behaviour, so they both need to behave to get the point - it stops them trying to get the other in trouble.

also separation when you can, different activities in different rooms where possible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now