Talk

Advanced search

children playing and taking their clothes off

(7 Posts)
Needanewmanual Wed 15-Jul-15 04:33:45

Hello

Name changed. My 5 year old son has twice now been found playing with other children in games that involve taking their clothes off. First time it was 'show and tell bodies', second time it was just running around with no clothes on. Both time s it was his idea. Should I be worried and how do I react
Tia.

spatchcock Wed 15-Jul-15 04:53:49

I think it sounds pretty normal, but then my 4yo is like this. At playdates she finds a way to shed her clothes then all the others take theirs off too. I'm sure he will eventually grow out of it when he starts to become more self conscious.

Kent1982 Wed 15-Jul-15 08:43:09

Ok me and my mates always used to be playing in the nudey. I'm not sure why really ( and I was about 7)but I haven't turned into a flasher or anything like that. I think as they get older they will just grow out of it. Also maybe when it's cooler in the winter

Meggymoodle Wed 15-Jul-15 10:04:10

Don't worry, the time will come when he is too self-conscious to be naked. Ours also have a couple of friends that they also get naked with - ages 7,6,5,4. It's always the 7 year old's idea. I think it's quite nice that they are still unself-conscious about it.

LittleLionMansMummy Wed 15-Jul-15 12:04:20

Ds always finds an excuse to get naked. Providing it's not in a public place i let him get on with it. I think it's all developmentally appropriate behaviour as they become curious and being open promotes a healthy body image. That said, we are also talking to him about what he does in private v public and that touching himself is ok when in private but if anyone touches him or asks him to touch them in a way he doesn't like he must tell us. And we reinforce that he will never get into trouble and he shouldn't keep secrets that make him feel bad. No means no. He's 4.5.

lighteningmcmama Wed 15-Jul-15 17:54:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Needanewmanual Mon 20-Jul-15 23:00:22

Hi, sorry for coming back to this thread late. Thank you so much for your replies. Im very reassured reading your replies that this is nothing to worry about. Hopefully he'll grow out of it soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now