Talk

Advanced search

Remind me about 3 month old

(8 Posts)
brightreddress Mon 13-Jul-15 22:56:41

I've got two kids and the little one is 3 months old. I am looking after her well, on mat leave and breast-feeding/baby wearing, plus she sleeps well and is happy, but I can't remember what I'm supposed to do regarding entertaining her etc. Do you have nay tips? I was right on this stuff for DC1. Are there good games to play? What kind of bedtime routine should we be doing. Atm DC2 is just bf'd to sleep after DC1 is asleep. Should it be a more gentle story/pjs/song thing?
Worried I'm short-changing DC2.

brightreddress Mon 13-Jul-15 22:57:09

*any

jennifer86 Tue 14-Jul-15 04:25:53

I think just interacting with them is probably the most important thing at this age, so they get lots of stimulation. Make sure they get some tummy time, as well. DS is 4 months and I sing a lot of nursery rhymes (mainly when I'm running out of things to say...) He also likes toys he can grab (and put in his mouth) and I've also just bought a jumperoo second hand as it has been recommended by a friend. He is also starting to appreciate playing 'Peepo' as well.

purplemurple1 Tue 14-Jul-15 05:07:12

Lots of talking and some tummy time are the main things.
For bed time I do feed, nappy, pjs and sleeping bag downstairs then a last top up feed upstairs in the quite and put her down awake. But she has always gone down like this as she doesn't feed to sleep.
Its basically the same as I did for dc1 and I just drop the last top up feed one they are on solids.

jennifer86 Tue 14-Jul-15 06:41:55

Oh yes, for bedtime we do change nappy and clothes, feed, story (quietly), then into cot with Ewan the sheep on. I have now started leaving him and he falls asleep on his own with no crying involved (but won't do this at any naps yet), at 3 months I rocked him and shushed to almost asleep then put him in cot and continued to rub his tummy and shush etc, pick up again as many times as needed until he had settled!

downgraded Tue 14-Jul-15 06:44:47

I think one of the benefits to small babies is that you have to entertain them. Lord above, there aren't many!

downgraded Tue 14-Jul-15 06:56:50

don't have to - must proof read! smile

WingsClipped Wed 15-Jul-15 11:07:02

I have a 3month old. Have less time to entertain her coz also have a 3yr old. We do peekaboo, talking (she gurgles and chatters and I talk back and wait for her to continue the 'conversation'), pop her under the playmat and DD1 and I will sit with her and show her the different toys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now