Talk

Advanced search

Stinky carpets!!

(5 Posts)
BooseysMom Mon 13-Jul-15 22:07:50

Hi, has anyone get any advice to get rid of nasty wee smells on carpets? My DS has started running around without a nappy on and marking his territory .. Anywhere but in the potty of course!! I have tried cleaning the carpet with manual carpet cleaner (Vax) and Carpet Power which both remove bad odours but I can still smell it after 3 attempts. Reckon it's stuck in my nostrils!! Wish I had put down a plastic cover now.
Thanks in advance

worldsworstmum2015 Mon 13-Jul-15 22:34:05

Bicarbonate soda works wonders on sick may work the same on pee. Wet the area sprinkle the bicarb over and leave for a couple hours then hoover up

BooseysMom Mon 13-Jul-15 22:49:10

Thanks Worldsworstmum (I'm sure you're not!!). I'll give it a go. I was thinking about investing in a proper carpet cleaner but don't mind a bit of hard work if it saves money. It's amazing how much of a work-out carpet scrubbing can give you!!

The enzyme stuff you get to remove pet urine odours would do the trick. Bicarb can work but I have no idea how effective it is!

BooseysMom Tue 14-Jul-15 16:56:39

Thanks Trip Trap! I was angry cos the cleaning stuff I used said it would remove odours, but this was obviously too strong. Someone said put a bit of pure bleach into the water but that might bleach the carpet so not sure whether I should risk it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now