Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Struggling so much.

(7 Posts)
daisychain1991 Sun 12-Jul-15 15:34:58

My DD is 16 weeks, exclusively breast fed, a smiley happy baby the majority of the time. So then, why do I feel so shit! I feel as if everybody's lives would be so much better if I wasn't here.
I look and feel like I have been run over, other mums in baby groups look so well put together, I just feel rubbish. (it doesn't help that dd seems to be sensitive to my makeup, which I have now stoped wearing.)
I am completely in love with DD but know I am just going to screw her up, she deserves so much better than me.
I don't know what i am looking for here by posting just hoping that having written it down makes it better?

monkey2014 Sun 12-Jul-15 15:55:40

My boy is 13 weeks. Sometimes when I'm tired I feel like I'm doing it all wrong and am rubbish. It's not true though, just haven't slept! Are you tired as well?

I also look rubbish - haven't worn makeup since before being pregnant, hair not been cut in months and I keep leaving the house with a boob out.

daisychain1991 Sun 12-Jul-15 16:00:20

So tired. So very tired. We co-sleep so in the night I just pop a boob in, but I haven't had a proper sleep well since before she was born. When my husband has her I just lay there thinking 'is she okay?!'
Oh and yes to wandering around with my boobs out. My husband had to remind me the other day that my top was still off as i went to open the door to the in-laws.
Glad its not just me though monkey2014.

MrsAnxiety1 Sun 12-Jul-15 16:53:36

The things that you say you're feeling sound a bit like a case of PND and might need treatment - have you mentioned it to a HV or GP? It might just be the whole change you've had to endure of having a baby etc, but if it is PND it's best to nip it in the bud before it becomes a behemoth of a problem. HTH thanks

monkey2014 Sun 12-Jul-15 17:35:12

its definitely not just you smile

Back2Two Sun 12-Jul-15 17:39:59

It will get better. Their lives would be destroyed if you weren't here.
It's really bloody hard....the hardest thing you might ever do.
You feel shit because you're exhauseted and you're worryi g constantly.
It gets better
And better and better

Do you have anyone who can really give you a break?

daisychain1991 Mon 13-Jul-15 16:31:22

Talked to my HV today she's going to come Thursday to have a chat. Well my DH took DD downstairs this morning so I could have a sleep. I woke up to her screaming proper scared crying, DH just could not settle her. Thank god I was just upstairs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now