Talk

Advanced search

Bath time

(7 Posts)
MammaFett Sat 11-Jul-15 19:00:59

DD is 6 months, and has always hated having a bath. As soon as I put her on, she starts crying. I try and make it fun, toys, splashing, but she still hates it. It's getting that bad that I'm considering just washing her rather than bathing her. It's the same if we put her in with me or DH.

Anyone got any tips? Thank you.

dairyfreequeen Sat 11-Jul-15 19:40:38

have you tried a shower together? is your bathroom warm enough? does she like splashing with the tap if you wash her hands for example?

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sat 11-Jul-15 19:48:37

Is she sitting up or lying down? How deep is the water? Have you considered a tummy tub

MammaFett Sat 11-Jul-15 20:10:38

I have a thermometer for both the room and the bath, they both show up at normal temp. Tried a shower, worse than the bath. I've tried both sitting up and lying down. What's a tummy tub?

Sleepyhoglet Sat 11-Jul-15 23:19:59

Go in with her? I've known people to breastfeed baby in the bath.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sun 12-Jul-15 10:13:38

Tummy rub is essentially a bucket (Google it) but people rave about them and babies seem to love them as they're upright and squished in tightly so feel safe

WhyOWhyWouldYou Sun 12-Jul-15 18:00:28

DS was like this (screamed like being tortured if put in a bath) and even objected strongly to being topped and tailed. At 11months we tried waterbabies to see if it could break the fear of being wet. It sounds like utter madness but we were desperate. By the 3rd lesson he loved it and was happy with showers. He has always remained unsure about baths though. He's now 3yrs and still does waterbabies and is becoming a good little swimmer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now