Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

We both want different things, is it time to go our seperate ways?

(5 Posts)
Moomin0 Wed 08-Jul-15 21:15:44

Hi, I'm using my friend's Mumsnet account so I hope no one minds, she's kindly given me access as apparently you are all very brutally honest on here, which is good.

I've been with my boyfriend for about a year now. Everything is great on the surface, we were really happy and got serious pretty quickly, so I ended up moving in with him within 5 months. My big issue is this:

1. He keeps changing his mind about age to have children/if he wants them or not. At first he said he wanted them soon at the beginning of our relationship, then he said he wanted to wait 4/5 years, and now he doesn't really want them and today he said in front of his Mother that he 'doesn't want kids until 28/30', which he's mentioned to me recently too. I want them quite soon, as I'm financially stable and ready (I know the work they intone, I handraised my own brother due to complications with my Mum's health. So this is a HUGE issue for me.

2. He wants to TRAVEL. Like, he keeps bringing up, 'will you travel with me/will you come to Alaska, Brazil, Australia etc etc'.

3. He has a curiously low sex drive, which no where near matches my own.

I feel guilty too because yes, he KNOWS how much children mean to me and won't budge, but I also KNOW how much this whole travelling Melark interests and excited him. (He's already said he wouldn't think of travelling without me). Perhaps it's not healthy that I won't support him and encourage him to grow as a person? So I'm also to blame.

I just need some opinions, because quite frankly I love him with all I have, it's just we want such opposite things in life.

Thank you all x

FlossyMcTrumpetson Wed 08-Jul-15 21:34:52

1. Move this question to 'relationships' section. Or AIBU.
2. Don't have kids with this dude.

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 08-Jul-15 21:37:31

How old are you both? I think it's pretty average to not want kids until 28/30 so if you want them sooner you might have more luck with a much older man.

RandomMess Wed 08-Jul-15 21:39:45

You don't sound on the same page. I would go your separate ways. Mismatch sex drives rarely works for starters!

SocietyClowns Wed 08-Jul-15 21:53:58

Biggest red flag for me would also be a mismatch between sex drives. Do you want to commit to having children with this man and potentially have no sex ever again?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now