Talk

Advanced search

3 month old and Reading festival

(7 Posts)
nailsathome Wed 08-Jul-15 12:24:08

I bought DP and myself a day ticket for Reading festival for his 30th. Our DS will be 3 months old and is ebf. There's no way I can go a whole day without feeding him and there wont be anywhere I can express.

Do I just have to accept I can't go? Would any of you consider taking him (with ear defenders)?

Heels99 Wed 08-Jul-15 12:26:09

Can you get ear defenders for young babies? Could you go and avoid the noisier parts?

eckythumpenallthat Wed 08-Jul-15 12:31:46

I went to see Stone Roses when DD was 3 months old and was EDF. The festival was an all dayer/night. As soul destroying as it was I had to use the porta loos to express and chuck it every few hours. At reading they'll have the same facilities

eckythumpenallthat Wed 08-Jul-15 12:32:04

EBF

Mouseymum Wed 08-Jul-15 15:30:36

I took DD to two weekend festivals at 3 and 4 months old, though they were slightly quieter festivals. I would take him, take ear defenders, take him in a sling so he feels safe, and enjoy the quieter/less busy acts. Have fun!

nailsathome Wed 08-Jul-15 17:48:44

Thanks everyone. We're mainly going to see metallica!

I'll have a look for some ear defenders, he would definitely be in the sling as he pretty much lives in it already

mrsmugoo Sun 12-Jul-15 20:24:03

I took mine to Glastonbury aged 15 weeks, although admittedly just for the day but I would have stayed the night if I think it wouldn't have been hideous doing 3 or 4 night feeds in a noisy, freezing cold tent.

I carried him round in a sling and BF on demand and he slept whenever he wanted. He wore ear defenders a bit but mostly I just stayed away from loud amplified noise.

I didn't love the experience if I'm honest, it was completely knackering but one for the photo album! I absolutely loved taking him this year though and so did he - would definitely recommend festivals for toddlers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now