Talk

Advanced search

Experience of 16 week injections

(7 Posts)
Kent1982 Wed 08-Jul-15 09:05:06

Hi all,

My boy is having his 16 week injections tomorrow, I'm a bit worried as after his 12 week he was quite off colour. His symptoms were

Vomiting in the night
Loss of colour
More frequent poos
Lots of very upset crying.

It lasted a week. I just wondered if anyone has positive experience where baby wasn't under the weather. I know he needs to have them but I'm getting anxious for the week ahead.

Maybe it was a coincidence and not the jabs that made him poorly I think I should have been warned of these side effects so I could have been more prepared for the week to come

dairyfreequeen Wed 08-Jul-15 09:34:26

My ds was fine after the 12 week ones and under the weather for a few days after the 16 week ones. However i think its generally the drops (forgotten the name) which upset tummies more than the jabs? It might be worth discussing with your hv whether the side effects outweigh the benefits? I understand rotavirus is very uncommon in breastfed babies, but i havent done any research myself

Kent1982 Wed 08-Jul-15 09:40:23

I'm going to see the health visitor today, I was in such a panic when he was poorly last time so at least I might be a bit more prepared this time

lexyloub Wed 08-Jul-15 10:25:34

My ds has had his this morning so far so good he cried when she did it but was happy and smiling again before we left

BertrandRussell Wed 08-Jul-15 10:31:18

It could have been a coincidental illness, or him reacting to the injections or a combination of the two. Why not have a read of the NHS pages about vaccinations- it talks about side effects and what to do about them there. I remember mine both lost colour too- horrible isn't it? sad

Kent1982 Wed 08-Jul-15 18:18:08

Im hopeful that it was the rota virus one that upset him and these will be ok. The health visitors were not very interested really. I'm bracing myself for a bad week and anything else is a bonus

lexyloub Wed 08-Jul-15 18:31:50

My lo has been absolutely fine he slept for a couple hours after it missing a feed but he's quite happy enough now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now