Talk

Advanced search

DS 7 has started wetting the bed, advice please?

(7 Posts)
pinkrocker Tue 07-Jul-15 10:05:48

He has been dry for about 4 years and I'm not sure why this has started happening to him, poor boy.
He doesn't realise he's wet, and it's not a huge amount and it seems to be happening early morning, 5am ish, as I've checked before I go to bed at 11ish and he's dry. Should I be lifting him?
He doesn't wake up enough early morning to realise he needs to wee (so it seems.)
I've already got a waterproof mattress protector on but I can't wash the duvet, pillow etc every day so we've tried 'underjams' which are slightly wet when he wakes up.
He doesn't seem that bothered but I wouldn't like him to simply rely on pyjama pants, any suggestions?

IDontWantToBuildASnowman Tue 07-Jul-15 11:45:28

Has anything happened in his life? My DD suddenly started wetting the bed when she started Reception year, even though she seemed to be breezing it and did not appear under any stress. It stopped again pretty soon after. We also had a week of wetting the first time she stayed away from home without us (at grandparents) but again went back to normal at home. Could he be suffering from anxiety related stress of some kind?

pinkrocker Tue 07-Jul-15 13:08:24

No, I think his life is pretty carefree! He's a happy boy, usually and his school reports say as such.

fiverabbits Tue 07-Jul-15 13:30:57

Is he thirsty ? Overtired ? What about going to GP's with a wee specimen to rule out diabetes/infection.

pinkrocker Tue 07-Jul-15 17:28:38

Thirsty definitely.
I'll contact the doctors and see what they suggest, thanks!

Heartofgold25 Tue 07-Jul-15 20:12:52

We have has this problem in the past too. When we moved house.

Lifting for the time being definitely helps, we did this every night without fail. However it is unusual to start bedwetting without any reason after so long, I would be concerned. Is there a bullying problem at school? Exams (I know he is young but they do have them) Is a teacher being unkind? Are there other changes? I would want to get to the bottom of the reason for this change by talking to him at length and looking at my child's life very carefully, in my experience there will be usually one either emotionally or physically.

pinkrocker Fri 10-Jul-15 15:07:56

He's had the yr2 SATs but they were a while ago and it started happening after that, I am not sure what's causing it!
We have loads of cuddles and snuggles up at bedtime, if he's unhappy I can tell, or so I thought sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now