Talk

Advanced search

Bedroom from 6 months - upstairs or down?

(3 Posts)
FantasticMrsFoxx Mon 06-Jul-15 12:19:57

DD is coming up for 6 months and we are starting to think about moving her from her Moses basket in our bedroom to a cot in her own room.
We have a bungalow with a loft conversion so our master bedroom is downstairs and we have two further bedrooms upstairs.
Our choices are to put her straight into her new upstairs bedroom or to have her cot set up in our dining room.
The thinking behind this was to save me traipsing up and down stairs potentially twice a night (she's gone from a 10 hour overnight sleeper to waking for a feed 2-3 times overnight) but we'll also be starting weaning soon and I'd like to avoid confusing her by potentially having her high chair and her cot in the same room.
We have a galley kitchen so it's not really suitable for a high chair.
WWYD?

Pandapickle100 Mon 06-Jul-15 13:06:38

Can you not put her in her bedroom upstairs and you move into bedroom upstairs also for a short time? I'm also in a bungalow in a similar situation and will be doing this

Shelduck Mon 06-Jul-15 13:13:53

Yes, I'd go with panda's suggestion. If you set her cot up in the dining room now, you'll have to move her again at some point anyway, and typically babies get less flexible about change as they get older. So if you can possibly manage, I'd get her in her permanent bedroom now, and you try to fit your arrangements around that if at all possible. But if that isn't going to work, don't sweat it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now