Baby's first cold and first time mum!

(4 Posts)
jessica3692 Mon 06-Jul-15 09:01:06

I guess I'm just after some reassurance here...

Baby's was lightly coughing on Friday and again Saturday but nothing more.

Cough worsened a little yesterday and again this morning. I think it sounds slightly mucousy. Her nose is also snotty this morning and she is sneezing a fair bit and the snot runs clear. She hasn't got a temperature. She is feeding (bf) but she didn't feed as much last night (usually every 2hrs) but her nappy was still very full this morning. I'm not sure if she slept longer because I had her in bed with me and she probably prefers it or of this cold is making her more tired.. But she generally seems fine in herself.

I don't know, does this all sounds normal to you? I don't feel concerned but when should I be concerned? many thanks mamas!

WorldsBiggestGrotbag Mon 06-Jul-15 09:02:46

Sounds like a perfectly normal cold to me smile. If she's bunged up try putting her in the bathroom with the shower running as the steam will help.

Eminado Mon 06-Jul-15 09:58:50

Normal

Try snuffle babes on her feet w socks if too young for vicks.

Saline spray for nasal congestion.

As long as she is hydrated and you keep an eye on temp.

MrsBojingles Mon 06-Jul-15 10:07:54

Sounds normal. Get some saline drops if she gets so stuffy that she struggles to feed - put them in just before a feed so she can breathe and not drop her latch. Sitting her in a hot steamy room whilst you shower also helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now