Talk

Advanced search

just for fun - what's your best parenting confession?

(13 Posts)
cantbelieveimonhere Mon 06-Jul-15 00:09:18

Let's have a giggle, I know I need one!

Esmeismyhero Mon 06-Jul-15 22:42:10

My ds (4) loves to eat dog biscuits confused so I actually got some science plan dog biscuits for him and he loves them! Better than sweets I guess.

Also one time (at band camp lol) dc decided to eat mud and in my sleep deprived brain I thought "I won't need to give the, lunch now" shock

Cabawill Mon 06-Jul-15 22:44:21

My kids always want the one treat I have bought for ME. So I've taken to telling them that whatever it is I don't want to share "has nuts in" blush

knittedslippersx2 Mon 06-Jul-15 22:46:54

I sent my dd to school with what I thought were sandwiches wrapped in foil but was in fact an open bag of diced onions! And then managed to do it again but with chicken breasts!

Jenny1231990 Mon 06-Jul-15 23:22:26

Massive lol at sending your child to school with onions wrapped in foil. Actually burst out laughing grin

Iloveadrianmole Mon 06-Jul-15 23:36:58

I brushed my DS's hair with the dog's brush......
In my defence I couldn't find the human hair brush and he was in danger of going to school looking like Boris Johnson......

Esmeismyhero Tue 07-Jul-15 19:05:59

I'm loving the onions and chicken breast lunch smile

DustBunnyFarmer Tue 07-Jul-15 19:10:28

Was the chicken breast raw? If so, that sounds hazardous. <Clutches pearls and hoists judgey pants.>

Frusso Tue 07-Jul-15 19:13:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cantbelieveimonhere Tue 07-Jul-15 23:07:54

a friend tells his older dc that when the ice-cream van plays music it means it has run out of ice cream!!!

GingerCuddleMonster Tue 07-Jul-15 23:12:45

I once left DS crawling around the kitchen whilst making breakfast, looked down to see him with a face full of dog food and smiling blush.

HV told me babies can swim, I let go of 16 week old DS in the swimming pool expecting him to at least float he sank like a brick blush.

ScrambledEggAndToast Wed 08-Jul-15 09:30:50

When my son was in year one, I took him to school but was about 10 minutes late so was in a bit of a rush. I hurried him him and went off to work. About 20 minutes later I got a call from the head teacher at the adjoining junior school to ask me why DS was in school on Polling day as he was the only one blush

Caillou Wed 08-Jul-15 09:38:00

I forgot to give dd her dinner when she was 10 months old, I realised it when she was in the bath (dh and I had been having a really nice take away in front of her just before... And we thought she was a bit grumpy due to tiredness...)

I told her that chicken makes your hair grow and she now begs to eat chicken 3 times a day grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now