Talk

Advanced search

extra calcium

(5 Posts)
McKitten84 Sun 05-Jul-15 20:22:15

Hello all, I'm going to stop ds morning bottle, really struggled to get him to drink milk in anything else so need options to how to introduce by diet instead. It's not the milk i want to stop it's just the bottle (ideally). However ds doesn't like cheese or yoghurts, the only form is homemade mac and cheese, and I can't give that every day!! Any other recipes or ideas would be lovely x

Pancakeflipper Sun 05-Jul-15 22:26:54

Custard and other such puddings like rice puddings. Check out ice-creams for calcium content.

Cheese sauces are great as you can do it with fish, chicken, veg etc. If he hates cheese try out the different ones.

Also calcium is found in things like kale, broccoli, almonds, sardines and salmon (tinned types), some types of beans etc..

purplesnail Mon 06-Jul-15 22:43:04

Ready brek has loads, dried apricots, sesame seeds and raisins. As pancake says kale is a great source but not easy to get a child to eat but can be hidden in a fruity smoothie which my ds will eat as a dessert with a spoon.

agapimou Tue 07-Jul-15 12:45:27

Sesame seeds are one of the best sources of calcium. Tahini is sesame seed paste and is one of the main ingredients in humous. Also tahini paste mixed with a little honey (if baby is over a year old) is a great alternative to peanut butter, its too bitter on its own.

Doje Tue 07-Jul-15 12:52:56

How about pancakes for breakfast? We have the American style ones with frozen fruit on top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now