Talk

Advanced search

Kidzania london....anyone been?

(8 Posts)
Piratespoo Sat 04-Jul-15 08:20:01

I see it is open now. I wondered if anyone has been and could say what it is like?
I notice that parents do not stay with the kids, but have to watch from afar. How far away? And for the whole time? Is it worth the money? Good fun for the kids?

SoThisisMe Sat 04-Jul-15 08:34:38

I have been to the one in KL and that was brilliant. Had no idea they were opening one here!
DD was 5 when we went and she had an absolute ball. I did go round with her but you watch from outside the little shops so adults observe but don't actually get involved iyswim? It was great. She was a police officer, firefighter, pilot, doctor, model and lots more. Some things you can see better than others (the pilot one for example you just left them at the door) but they had a great system which tracks the pictures through their security tags and then you can view/buy them at the end.

It was really well managed and safe and she loved it. I would go again in a heartbeat so I'd definitely say it's worth it, aassuming London is of the same standard. Although now she's older I'd be taking full advantage of the parents lounge grin

Pinkpeter Sat 04-Jul-15 19:43:20

Anyone?

MistyMeena Sat 04-Jul-15 19:54:49

I'm acquainted with a few people who have been and all have said it's fantastic so far!

AdoraBell Sat 04-Jul-15 19:56:50

No, but the one in Chile is brilliant. If it's the same then it will be good.

HaleMary Sat 04-Jul-15 20:02:09

I never went into the Dubai one, which opened while I was living there, but friends with children seemed most exercised by the fact that some families sent in their maids with the children and they queued for whatever activity the kids wanted next, so Child A finished being a pilot and swanned right to the front of the brain surgeon queue or whatever...?

That probably says more about Dubai than Kidzania.

Tweennightmare Sat 04-Jul-15 20:02:53

I have been to the KL and Dubai ones and they are fab for up to about 11 years old. It's virtually a whole day thing . the first time I walked around with my children just letting them go on what they wanted . As they got older (8/9yrs plus) I sat in the cafes/parents rooms within Kidzania and they just popped back when they wanted something. Definatley recomend though as my kids loved them.

Luna9 Sat 04-Jul-15 20:38:15

We have been just after opening. My kids loved it; plane was not ready at the time; maybe it is now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now