Talk

Advanced search

Glued head has come open

(3 Posts)
Crossroads2 Fri 03-Jul-15 22:40:44

Gutted although I know it's not the end of the world considering what others are going through.

My blond haired, blue eyed 5 year old gashed his temple. It's about 1cm. It was glued but we were unlucky and it's opened up. There's nothing we can do now - just need to see how it heals inside out. I'm hoping there are some happy stories of re-opened wounds healing without huge scars!!

MarinaCoyle Sat 04-Jul-15 21:32:17

No personal experience but I've glued a good few heads in my time and had a few lacerations that have come in too late to glue or stitch. Obviously the scabs and resultant scars tend to be a bit wider if left to heal on their own but it varies from person to person, and depending on the depth, in terms of how much of a scar there'll be.

Wounds on the face tend to heal quickly in comparison to other areas as there's such a good blood supply so the healing in itself shouldn't be a problem.

Five is very young so it will most likely fade very significantly over time. He'll probably have a faint silveriness there eventually but 1cm is pretty tiny really and as he grows it will become relatively smaller.

I'd be optimistic!
Hope he's feeling okay (and you!). Poor little guy. He sounds like a cutie. thanks

Crossroads2 Sat 04-Jul-15 23:15:47

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I read that only 3% of glued wounds come undone and so am feeling rather unlucky.

You've reassured me though. Thanks for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now