Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with a perfect prep machine know what this means???

(15 Posts)
lexyloub Wed 01-Jul-15 10:46:48

Just gone to use the machine and the 'water tank hot' button is illuminated and I'm not sure why? ?? I've felt the water inside the filter and it's cold. Any thoughts? ??

zombiemeow Wed 01-Jul-15 12:20:24

Mine did this last night!

After some research it looks as if it's because of the heat. The water in the tank gets warmer so the water that comes out the second time to cool the boiling water isn't cold enough.

I had to do a full clean and that got rid of it smile

lexyloub Wed 01-Jul-15 12:33:00

Thanks I also had a look online someone suggested putting ice cubes in the tank this worked and the light went off

zombiemeow Wed 01-Jul-15 12:36:02

I read on the tommee tippee website you shouldn't put ice cubes in, no idea why! But they did say you can keep a jug of water in the fridge and just top it up throughout the day smile

I had a panic when mine come on! I don't know how people cope without it! grin

HitShappens Wed 01-Jul-15 12:37:50

Mines been doing that the last few days! I've put I've cubes in and it's sorted it, it's because of the water tempature. I panicked too can't live without it! grin

WhyOWhyWouldYou Wed 01-Jul-15 12:37:59

Its because of hot weather, the water in the tank has to be quite cold in order to make sure the initial hot shot is cooled down enough to be safe to drink.

To remedy just drop a couple of ice cubes in the top (so they melt in the water before it passes through the filter), it cools the whole tank down enough. Whilst its hot (currently over 27°C in my kitchen) I'm dropping 1-2 ice cubes in each time a bottle is being made so its always cool enough for the next feed.

BTW the ice cube method is what Tommee Tippee advised.

Betsyblue Wed 01-Jul-15 12:39:24

Yes it's the heat- we had it last year. We just kept some tap water in the fridge and used that- did the trick.

We never have ice when needed as I always forget about it!

WhyOWhyWouldYou Wed 01-Jul-15 12:44:44

m.tommeetippee.co.uk/support/faqs/perfect-prep-faqs/

It says about ice cubes being an option in the last paragraph of the temperate warning light question.

WhyOWhyWouldYou Wed 01-Jul-15 12:46:01

*Temperature - silly phone autocorrect

butterfly86 Wed 01-Jul-15 19:50:48

Dd was born last summer when it was red hot like this for weeks, we used to put ice cubes in before we went to bed and it was fine for night feeds, if we didn't the machine just wouldn't work we had no problems doing it.

NoMontagues Wed 01-Jul-15 20:05:21

<takes notes for future use>

Isn't it terrible when something happens to the Perfect Prep machine?

I still get into a cold sweat remembering filter-gate in our house.

lexyloub Wed 01-Jul-15 21:55:55

Ha ha it definitely is I was in a panic trying to remember how to make a bottle up getting all flustered boiling the kettle. Whoever invented this god send of a machine needs a knighthood grin

zombiemeow Wed 01-Jul-15 21:59:27

Doh! I must have completely misread the bit about ice cubes in sheer panic

Haha no we had filter gate a few weeks ago. 3 days! 3 days I had to make up bottles with the kettle! What has the world come to. We eventually found one lonely filter sat on a shelf miles and miles away.

MadamSwish Wed 01-Jul-15 23:30:50

I've bought some spare filters just in case it should need changing quickly.
This machine has bought relative harmony to our household and I agree that not only should the inventor get a knighthood, but a blow job off the queen herself.
I would have happily paid double for it.

lexyloub Thu 02-Jul-15 05:39:48

Zombie - I ordered my last filter off amazon came the next day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now