Talk

Advanced search

4 month old, sweaty, whingey, vomiting really cold sweaty head

(18 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Wed 24-Jun-15 18:03:31

sorry for long title, I have a four month old DD, today she has been very screamy, bad cough, crackly breathing, and a very cold clammy head but sweat absolutely dripping odd the back of her head.

I think she has cmpi, we are still waiting for a paediatrician appointment but for now she's on soya milk and seems to be a bit better.

Not sure what I want from this post, just reassurance that it's probably viral. sad

RavioliOnToast Wed 24-Jun-15 18:05:45

my eldest used to get like this with a uti also, not sure what to do to make her comfortable really,

Fishlegs Wed 24-Jun-15 18:09:35

I really think she should see a Dr tonight. Can you get to A&E?

RavioliOnToast Wed 24-Jun-15 18:17:59

not easily, I could ring round for a babysitter for eldest DD. And then get a taxi to hospital, I'll have a Dr's appt tomorrow, Ill be able to ring first thing and get a same day, I really want to take her up but don't want to be frowned upon when a&e have bigger emergencies. I know how stretched they are to begin with

SueGeneris Wed 24-Jun-15 18:20:01

I would get a baby this age seen and take your other dd with you.

lentilpot Wed 24-Jun-15 18:20:44

I would call 111 and get advice from them, then if you do have to go to out of hours it would be a proper appointment rather than rocking up at a&e. Hope she feels better soon!

CMOTDibbler Wed 24-Jun-15 18:21:44

I'd ring your GP OOH service and get her seen

MrsEvadneCake Wed 24-Jun-15 18:23:18

I would DD checked tonight. My DS had bronchilitis and was similar to that at first. Ended up in hospital twice in two weeks. OOT would be best.

RavioliOnToast Wed 24-Jun-15 18:25:50

is ooh just 111? she's finally fallen asleep on me but is very restless.

Iggi999 Wed 24-Jun-15 18:32:57

Sometimes 111 will send a paramedic to the house rather than sending you to the hospital. I couldn't wait personally, and I think given the age of your baby the medics will be happy to see her.
She could be on antibiotics, for example, in a hour or two rather than waiting till morning. If she's too dehydrated they can use a drip, your GP can't.

BlueberryWafer Wed 24-Jun-15 18:34:13

I would absolutely get her seen. Just take your other child with you if needs be, it's important you get her seen.

GiddyOnZackHunt Wed 24-Jun-15 18:37:38

Yes phone 111. Very small children can get poorly very quickly. Hope it's minor. flowers

RavioliOnToast Wed 24-Jun-15 19:14:37

rang 111, waitingfor gp to ring, still whingey and sweaty and vomiting, eldest DD in bed, have a babysitter and a lift on standby

HelenaJustina Wed 24-Jun-15 19:20:51

Good luck, let us know how you get on. It is a difficult call to make sometimes but having had a 3 month old in for a week with RSV after GP diagnosed a bad cold, I'd always go with my gut.

RavioliOnToast Thu 25-Jun-15 08:45:14

got back from.a&e around 10.30 last night, so weren't in as long as expected. checked her urine, no uti, they said it's viral

Fishlegs Thu 25-Jun-15 21:29:16

That's great Ravioli.
Hope she's been better today.

RavioliOnToast Thu 25-Jun-15 22:14:54

thanks Fish she seems a little better today, her teething worse possibly but otherwise better grin

GiddyOnZackHunt Thu 25-Jun-15 23:56:04

Hope you have a quiet night and she improves some more.
I made the point about them deteriorating quickly. They also bounce back from stuff quickly most times. I remember being whipped into A&E with v poorly DD. And once the meds kicked in she was trotting around happy as Larry confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now