Talk

Advanced search

Day time napping

(11 Posts)
MrsN1984 Wed 24-Jun-15 16:05:27

Hi
Just wondering what your LO's nap I during the day.
We want to keep upstairs and his cot bed for night time only as he's sleeping really well (7-6:30) but he's getting too big to sleep in his Stokke bouncer (it's in its lowest position).
Not sure about the Tiny Love rocker so was wondering if anyone had any suggestions smile x

FernGullysWoollyPully Wed 24-Jun-15 16:07:51

I've always used the pushchair/pram
or a travel cot depending on age.

Marioswife Wed 24-Jun-15 16:10:30

my 3 year old uses her buggy and my 5 year old uses his bed.

roofio87 Wed 24-Jun-15 16:37:33

me ds has always napped in his cot. it is for sleeping but not just at night, he still goes straight to sleep when put in it now at 20 months so it's worked for us. in fact it's the only place he will sleep!!

Iwish Thu 25-Jun-15 21:58:25

My DS always napped in his pram but my DD always naps in her cot xx

toomuchtooold Fri 26-Jun-15 06:00:46

Mine napped in their cots or in the buggy if we were out and about.
I found that beyond 4 months they napped much better in their darkened bedroom. Never caused an issue with nighttime sleep either (you can always go in and wake them up!)

How old is your baby? Does he usually nap at the same times each day? At about 6-7 months a lot of them fall into the 2-3-4 pattern (3 periods of wakefulness in the day, first one 2h long, then 3h, then 4h). It gives a bit of reassurance that they're not going to just sleep from lunchtime till midnight and then be up all night!

squizita Fri 26-Jun-15 09:55:23

On me, or in the pram/sling or in the sleepyhead. grin

agapimou Fri 26-Jun-15 10:51:16

Only on me, even as I type this in 40 degree heat angry

CakeRattleandRoll Sun 28-Jun-15 15:49:26

2 yo DS naps in his cot (really well - 3 hours sometimes)
5 month old DD naps mostly on me, sometimes in pram

ApplesTheHare Sun 28-Jun-15 16:06:58

Mostly in her cot (with curtains open in an attempt to differentiate between daytime and nighttime sleep) and sometimes in her car seat or push chair. It works well smile

NickyEds Sun 28-Jun-15 16:40:22

Up to around 7/8 months in his pram/buggy if we were out and about and on me if we were home. From 7/8 months to now, 18 months in his cot at home or buggy if we're out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now