Talk

Advanced search

Desperately seeking a nanny in Wimbledon - HELP!

(6 Posts)

I've been looking for a new nanny in Wimbledon for about 6 weeks now, and I'm starting to reach panic mode! We need someone to start in mid-August, or I'll have to take my DD into work with me and hide her under the desk!

We've asked the (few) people we know who might be able to help with a recommendation but nothing has come of the one referral we found. I've been trawling the childcare.co.uk website for weeks, along with Gumtree, but so far we've been unlucky with a couple of people who seemed interested but in the end confessed to having included false information on their profiles.

We need someone to look after 3yo DD, plus we're hoping to partner with a nearby family who have a similar age DD. Between us we're looking for 4 full days a week. If anyone can suggest additional resources to check for nannies I would be EXTREMELY grateful. Even better, if anyone has any specific recommendations please send me a private message and I will name my next child after you! wink

bittapitta Tue 23-Jun-15 09:49:50

Are you on local FB groups? Good to ask for recommendations there.

Thanks for the reply! I should have said, I've tried those as well. I feel like I've tried everything!!

TwelveLeggedWalk Tue 23-Jun-15 10:21:40

I think you probably need a professional agency at this stage. Eden Nannies cover SW London I think, there are probably loads.

TwelveLeggedWalk Tue 23-Jun-15 10:22:37

Or write your own job spec ad and put it on childcare.co.uk, local online sites and newspaper.

Strawberrybubblegum Tue 23-Jun-15 20:04:10

Wimbledon nannies are good, and their finders fee is much more reasonable than some of the big name agencies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now