Talk

Advanced search

Can you get a summer duvet for toddler/cot bed?

(10 Posts)
Itfellapartinmyhands Thu 18-Jun-15 22:33:35

We have a 4.5tog for our son at the moment but pretty sure it's too warm for that now. He wears summer pjs but when I feel his skin under the duvet it's roasting. There are lots of threads about this but I can't seem to find an actual answer! Maybe just a blanket will do as it'll only be warm for a few more weeks. wink

Cedar03 Fri 19-Jun-15 13:21:38

I don't think that you can because I think - from memory when my daughter was that age - that there are only 4.5 tog ones for toddler beds. We just used a sheet on very hot nights.

Heels99 Fri 19-Jun-15 13:22:57

4 tog was lowest I could find. My dd just has a sheet. Even in winter!

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Fri 19-Jun-15 13:25:13

My DS sleeps under just the duvet cover in the summer

FreeButtonBee Fri 19-Jun-15 13:32:51

Ditto to duvet cover only. It makes my teeth itch to look at! but does the trick, partic as toddlers' room is SE facing so boiling on a warm day by 5am!

Itfellapartinmyhands Fri 19-Jun-15 19:29:07

Thanks all. Yep, I'm giving up looking!
I will use a sheet and blanket according to temp.
smile

dementedpixie Fri 19-Jun-15 19:44:15

You do get 1tog duvets but you would probably need to get it in the single bed size

glendyllove Tue 23-Jun-15 09:40:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

vvviola Tue 23-Jun-15 09:42:53

I'm pretty sure I had a very lightweight cot bed sized duvet from Ikea when DC were small.

Not that they ever used it - even in winter it's a fight to get them under a blanket

breadstixandhommus Tue 23-Jun-15 12:52:53

<wonders what glendy could possible have said that was deemed offensive on a thread about duvets?>

Have you tried Dunelm Mill? I'm pretty sure I got a duvet less than 4 tog for DS's cotbed from there a couple of years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now