Talk

Advanced search

Tips for a pushchair & car seat refuser?

(7 Posts)
ApplesTheHare Fri 12-Jun-15 14:58:17

DD is 9 months, and until recently loved getting out and about in her pushchair or car seat. She started crawling and cruising a couple of weeks ago and now protests loudly if I dare put her in either.

Any tips? Is it just a phase.....???

mrsmacguffin Fri 12-Jun-15 14:59:48

A phase I'm sure. Is she upright/able to look around? My DS hated both until we ensured he could see everything. I also find food bribes help!

Trooperslane Fri 12-Jun-15 15:28:45

Distract her with a rice cake. Gives her something to do with her hands.

And do it very quick!

Flingmoo Fri 12-Jun-15 15:30:33

Mine protests too, screams actually, but he's fine once he's strapped in. Toys or food help if they're a bit grumpy in these things.

ApplesTheHare Fri 12-Jun-15 16:40:49

I've tried toys but not food. Good thinking and thank you!

I popped into our local shop earlier and everyone in the village probably thinks I was torturing her blush

Latium123 Sat 13-Jun-15 08:36:58

Mine has just started this too. I'm sure, as you say, it's because once they are able to crawl and cruise about they don't want to be hemmed in anywhere. I have found that picking a toy who is going to come with us helps. First I put the toy in the buggy / car seat and she "helps" me, then it's her turn and she holds the toy while she goes in. I take the do it as quickly as possible approach and find she does usually settle once she is in.

I know the feeling about people thinking you are torturing them!!

SanityClause Sat 13-Jun-15 08:42:21

If she does that stiff-as-a-board thing, where you can't strap her in, tickle her tummy, briefly. She will loosen up, and you will be able to buckle her up. You have to be quick, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now