Talk

Advanced search

Anyone with the angel care monitor?

(4 Posts)
Ducky23 Thu 11-Jun-15 11:39:58

I have some really stupid questions.

Have just been setting ours up for ds and there's a few things I'm unsure of.

1. His cot has a wooden base, do I still need a hardboard?

2. When he's not in his bed do I switch both units off? I thought you needed to reset it all if you turned both units off.

3. When the monitors are on, the sound only comes on at intervals, it's not on constantly, is that what it's supposed to do?

I'm bloody useless with setting stuff like this up confused

MrsDumbledore Thu 11-Jun-15 11:49:42

Hi. We are using it for 2nd time for ds.
1) I don't think so -I think that's only for moses baskets or slatted bases. We aren't using a board with solid base of crib.
2) yes you can switch both units off without needing a reset in my experience. What I find useful too is that if you just have the 'baby's' unit on it still work as a movement sensor and an alarm horses off if no movement (or more likely if you forget to turn it off when you take baby out! ). So you can monitor breathing when sleeping in the same room and not needing the sound aspect.
3) yes, the sound is supposed to only come on when it detects there is a sound. Otherwise you would be listening to static all the time. You can adjust the sensitivity if you think it isn't picking a all sounds.

NutBiscuit Thu 11-Jun-15 11:52:22

1: Our cot has wooden slats, and we still used a hardboard. Not sure it's strictly necessary but I think the harder you can press the sensor mat against the mattress the more sensitive it will be

2: Yes, if you're using the breathing monitor you'll need to turn the nursery part off when you take him out of the bed, otherwise it'll alarm. No issue with turning both units off, they'll re-connect just fine when you turn them back on

3: The sound only transmits when something is making a sound, if that makes sense. If there are quiet noises then sometimes the transmission switches off then back on again. Try turning the volume up, that seems to help sometimes

Ducky23 Thu 11-Jun-15 12:25:21

Thanks for your replies, I'm useless with setting things like this up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now