Talk

Advanced search

Is a moses basket mattress only 3 months old safe to use again for another baby??

(4 Posts)
lexyloub Wed 10-Jun-15 21:56:14

Just that really, my ds used his moses basket for 12 weeks(now 15wks) my sil is using the moses basket for her dc due next month. Is she safe to re use that mattress or should she buy a new 1?

Lunastarfish Wed 10-Jun-15 21:59:06

My understanding is that they should be replaced because there is a bacteria linked to some cases of SIDS and it thrives in damp places with mattresses being under suspision as the source.

She should buy a new one, they aren't that expensive for moses baskets - boots have some for £11ish

trilbydoll Wed 10-Jun-15 22:00:55

I think the reason for recommending a new mattress is your ds has breathed all over it, vomited on it, dribbled on it etc and you don't know what is living in it now!

Baby mattresses online do made to measure mattresses for £12.50. Just make sure you measure it right, DH had to cut ours down because I had a mad moment with the tape measure!

Penfold007 Wed 10-Jun-15 22:32:03

Surely it's your SIL's call? If she is happy to reuse mattress then fine if not she buys a new one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now