Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dealing with other kids bad behaviour

(2 Posts)
mdhall Tue 09-Jun-15 19:25:27

My son is having trouble with the boy he plays with the most. I am not sure how to put it into words but am at my wits end. My son I'll call him W and his friend that I'll call T play out together along with some others. T has been fighting my W and hurting him. Then he will play bad guys but the only 'bad guy' is W. This is bullying! But because I am not there I can't stop it. I can't stop him playing out all summer because that is punishing W which isn't fair. I have told him to refuse to play bad guys and to come home if he starts frighting. He says he trys to but T won't let him leave. I know boys tell tales and there is two sides to every story but he is coming home hurt so I think it must be mostly true. What do I do?

Lweji Wed 10-Jun-15 12:48:13

How old is your son?

Have you considered putting your son in a self defence, or martial arts class?

It depends how hurt he goes back home, and do the other boys also hurt your son? Most boys enjoy measuring up physical strength through fights, and it may help if he learns a few moves to use in those fights.

I'd probably also try to observe what happens from a distance so evaluate what is happening, or ensure that they play somewhere near you or a responsible adult, so that you or them can intervene.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now