Talk

Advanced search

Should I be worried?

(4 Posts)
TheGirlAtTheRockShow Mon 08-Jun-15 19:23:43

Silly question really!
DD is 11 months old, when she's tired and fighting sllep she pulls her hair (only ever with her right hand). She hasn't pulled any out as far as I can see, but I guess she might if she keeps doing it as she's older.
I try to distract her with comforter but then she gets upset and takes longer to settle.
Should I be worried or is she likely to grow out of it?

mumofboyo Mon 08-Jun-15 19:49:29

I don't know - I just want to say that my dd does it too. She twirls it around her finger and pulls at it as well. I'm trying to show her how to use a comb and make it neat. I did try using little bobbles but her hair is so fine that they never stayed in. The only thing that really helps is when it's been cut and is short. She's 2.8 and has been doing this since she was a baby.

SomethingFunny Mon 08-Jun-15 19:54:19

I didn't have this problem, but I have read that it can help if you give them something else with hair or tassels to fiddle with- so a doll with long hair and encourage her to twiddle dolls hair instead.

TheGirlAtTheRockShow Tue 09-Jun-15 15:27:35

She's only 11 months, her hair is really short! She only does it when I'm trying to get her to sleep and she's fighting it. I might look into something with tassles to fiddle with though. Doesn't look like she'll grow out of it.
Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now