Talk

Advanced search

I had the worst dream last night :-(

(4 Posts)
Letmeeatcakecakecake Mon 08-Jun-15 09:36:52

Sorry but it's really disturbed me and I have to just get it out there.

I dreamt that my son died. He's 5, but in my dream it was the anniversary of his death and I was hysterical, crying, grieving, I really FELT it. Then suddenly I was woken up by him standing in my room saying 'night night mummy', I told him 'night night, I love you' then he left the room. I looked at my phone and it was 3 am, and I started panicking and thinking... What if that was his soul saying bye before going to heaven? I had to go to his room and check he was still alive and give him an extra big kiss.

I just feel so disturbed at the moment.

I had my second child 7 weeks ago so maybe it's hormones?

NoMontagues Mon 08-Jun-15 10:17:39

Oh bless you, what a horrible nightmare.

Yes, your hormones could be affecting your dreams and you're probably sleep deprived too? Which throws your sleep cycles and dreams totally off kilter. Lots of people, myself included, have all sorts of mad, lucid dreams in the first few weeks of having a newborn.

Anyway, it wasn't real ,your DS is absolutely fine, as are you, and the memory and shock of the dream will fade as the day goes on. flowers

Letmeeatcakecakecake Mon 08-Jun-15 14:38:54

Thank you! I am sleep deprived and I suffer terrible health anxiety too because of my medical history.

I'm still upset. I was saying to my mum, the way he said 'night night mummy' sounded so final! He defiantly did come in my room as my partner said he did.

I'm also upset because what was thankfully a terrible nightmare for me is some parents realities sad

SurelyNotEh Mon 08-Jun-15 14:40:24

I can imagine you're very upset! What an awful nightmare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now