Talk

Advanced search

9mo suddenly got a taste for dry cat food

(6 Posts)
Anticyclone Sat 06-Jun-15 09:12:01

I just totally failed to prevent 9mo DS going back for his third helping of the cat's IAMS dry food.

It can't do him any harm can it? Although I'm trying to stop this becoming a regular thing. He already drinks from her water bowl! blush

Meepandyoup Sat 06-Jun-15 09:37:52

Move the bowls off the floor till he's older. Cats can jump, 9 month olds can't.

MrsBojingles Sat 06-Jun-15 10:56:57

The food itself is mostly dried meat and corn powder by the looks of it, unlikely to do any harm, however cats lick thier buts and eat goodness knows what outside so it's really not going to be hygienic. Cats can carry some nasty germs and worms etc.

Put the bowls up off the floor or feed the cat in the garden till your kid knows better.

ragged Sun 07-Jun-15 08:35:07

I ate lots of dry cat food when I was a child. Fresh out of the bag it has to be safe for people to eat it because people are the tasters.

If cat has gnawed on it before your baby got to it then baby could pick up a few things, but the main one (toxop) is almost always harmless by this age & good to get antibodies against.

Ratbagcatbag Sun 07-Jun-15 08:37:53

Meh. I gave up trying to stop this in the end. I figured there was protein in it. Dd now 2yo and doesn't enjoy it anymore. grin

Wolfiefan Sun 07-Jun-15 08:38:32

Get a stairgate? Hoping cat has been wormed recently.
Gross.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now