Talk

Advanced search

Baby flopped her head backwords

(7 Posts)
aprilapril Fri 05-Jun-15 23:37:55

I know I'm a terrible mum... Was supporting DD's neck and then suddenly, absolutely without realising it left her neck to pick up something and her head flopped backwards. Can't understand how I could do that... Shall I call the hospital now? She didn't cry. I put her on her changing mat on her tummy to see if she still can raise her head. Seems fine but I'm worried to death. Has anyone experienced this? What kind of damage could this cause?

aprilapril Fri 05-Jun-15 23:38:45

DD's 9 weeks old

Withalittlesparkle Fri 05-Jun-15 23:41:29

I don't think you need to worry,if she can still raise her head and doesn't seem to be in any pain. If you're worried maybe call out of hours and see what they say?

seaoflove Fri 05-Jun-15 23:42:07

I know it's scary when they do that (and I remember my PFB doing the same at a much younger age, scaring the crap out of me) but babies are tough and she's obviously fine.

griselda101 Fri 05-Jun-15 23:44:27

if she didn't cry it doesn't sound like it's an issue. does she seem ok in herself? in any pain? same as before? if not she sounds fine.

it's normal to get a bit stressed out with early parenting and especially when hormones are all over the place etc and you're overtired and worried.

if you're stressed call the midwife support service thing otherwise if she seems ok you can probably relax, just keep an eye on her.

aprilapril Sat 06-Jun-15 01:09:45

thanks everyone. called 111, now waiting for a doctor to call me back

bambi07 Sat 06-Jun-15 16:40:58

I tripped over when DD was 7 weeks and her head flew back as I fell, she did wake up and scream and I was convinced Id done something terrible. She was all checked out and absolutely fine, it took me a little while longer to recover, worried about carrying her anywhere for a while but we are both recovered. Im sure your little one is fine especially as she didnt cry but sensible to get checked over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now