Child Minders

(8 Posts)
paternalMather Fri 05-Jun-15 18:32:51

I am currently about to be employed and this sadly means I will need to some alternative
way to look after my child, I have been thinking about child minders, but I do not
know if they should be trusted with my precious child. Can someone tell me their
experiences with child minders in the past,he is only 9 months?.

TheGirlAtTheRockShow Fri 05-Jun-15 18:48:49

My DD is 11 months, and been going to our childminder for 1 month. She's settled in now, and is happy to be handed over (and collected). She goes 2 and a half days a week, has all her meals there.
I love our childminder, she really does care for the children as if they are her own. In the first week or so I got sent picture messages to show she'd settled. We cloth happy and she even bought some to keep there do I don't have to take them in! (She provides all nappies and wipes normally).
I would look around as many childminders/nursery sin your area as you can. All are different, you gave to find the right one for your family.
It's never easy to leave your baby, but the right childcare helps.

TheGirlAtTheRockShow Fri 05-Jun-15 18:50:02

Forgot to say, they're OFSTED registered now, so regulated and checked like schools are.

BlueChampagne Fri 05-Jun-15 22:46:58

Both mine started at childminder at 6 months old. Home-based childminders more home-like than a nursery. It has done them (and me) a power of good. Talk to and visit and you'll soon get a good idea for the best place for your DS.

GiddyOnZackHunt Fri 05-Jun-15 22:51:20

Our lovely cm has worked for us for 8 years. She is like an aunty to the DC now and has let us down ONCE in all that time. I trust her totally.

icclemunchy Fri 05-Jun-15 23:59:55

DD1 has been with our cm since she was 9months (now 4) we kept her there over going to nursery at 3 because she does such a fab job. DD2 will be taking her place when she goes to school (she'll be 8months) I absolutely cannot fault the woman she's like an extra grandmother to them. They're always off doing/making/frowning something.

What attracted me to our cm rather than nursery I the first place is she's completely child led. If they want a duvet day and movies they can have it but equally they spent this morning jumping in puddles after the rain

teacher54321 Sat 06-Jun-15 07:15:05

Ds went to a childminder for nearly two years and we only left because we moved house. She was amazing and treated him like her own. There were some things she did differently to me, but that's life! We still see her and her children now and I think we'll stay in touch smile it's nice to have another person who I totally trust to leave Ds with in case of emergency. When dh was unwell and hospitalised she bent over backwards to help us, and she only had to cancel one day in two years. She was also happy to take Ds if he had a cold and they could just have a quiet day at home.

mindthegap79 Sat 06-Jun-15 21:21:39

The OP is a troll - see AIBU. Very sad individual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now