Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just get on with it or make life easier?

(11 Posts)
Brewster Fri 05-Jun-15 18:00:22

Hello,
Due 3rd baby in a few months shall we spend the money and find someone to come in and help with cleaning, making meals and a bit of childcare or just get on and struggling along like we did with the other two?

This is the last baby so really want to enjoy it all but dunno if it seems a bit 'extravagant' and a 'luxury' to have someone come in?

I guess i am thinking of a cross between an au pair (but not live in) and a housekeeper type lady.

No idea where i would find someone like this though.

Or guess we could just get a cleaner and a load of ready meals to tide us over?

Anyone else done this and how did it work?
Thanks

lilacblossomtime Fri 05-Jun-15 18:03:56

Mothers help might be the right term? If you can afford it I would do it.

TravellingToad Fri 05-Jun-15 18:05:45

Definitely do it. It's saved our sanity and we only have two (close together). Life is to be enjoyed not tolerated. As long as you aren't going into debt for it.

Brewster Fri 05-Jun-15 18:06:58

any idea of costs?
i did contact an agency a few months ago but they wanted us to pay sick leave, NI etc etc but we will only want it for a month or two and don't want a whole 'employing' someone things.
It would only be for a few hours everyday to ease the pressure and work on me really.

lilacblossomtime Fri 05-Jun-15 22:12:15

Why not advertise locally?

lighteningmcmama Sat 06-Jun-15 19:33:12

Look up post natal doulas. Definitely do it if you can afford it!

Newtobecomingamum Sat 06-Jun-15 19:39:23

Yes do it, I got someone to do my ironing and cleaning every two weeks and made such a huge difference to family life!

withalittlebitofluck Sat 06-Jun-15 19:42:31

Ring local college see if they have a final year student needing a placement?

Buttwing Sat 06-Jun-15 21:43:27

Yes definitely if you can afford it. I have 4 dc and 3 of them are under 5. We also have two dogs and two cats.
I have a cleaner and a gardener. I manage to keep on top of ironing but I'm seriously thinking of sending it out as I hate it!

Anything that makes your life easier is money well spent especially in the early days.

BlueThursday Sun 07-Jun-15 08:10:50

Even if you can't find an "All in one" definitely send out as many things as you can eg ironing. Enjoy your time don't slog I say

mooma3 Sun 07-Jun-15 10:05:23

Thanks ladies - i think the sending out etc is a good idea as we are quite a private family and not sure we want someone else in the house with us - what if we ended up not getting on?

thanks so encouraging me - really helps to know others have found it really useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now