Talk

Advanced search

Help with 8 month old!!!

(7 Posts)
Natedogg Thu 04-Jun-15 20:07:04

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone had any help or advice as I'm getting a bit desperate! I've got an 8 month old who for the last four weeks has become increasingly whiny and difficult. It seemed to come on over night,before this he rarely had any meltdowns and definitely didn't whine like this (only if super tired /hungry etc). Now it's as soon as I put him down. He hates playing on the mat and often just sits there whining, sometimes he seems ok but will then just burst into hysterical crying. I try moving him to different environments, getting down on his level and engaging him, talk to him softly etc, but he'll just keep crying. I obviously pick him up and comfort him when this happens.

I think he just wants to be held all the time because if i have him in the sling or play with him when I'm standing up he's over the moon.

Is this just a phase?!! Please say it is!!! I'm getting really worn down by it now.

FlossieTreadlight Thu 04-Jun-15 20:16:44

Totally a phase - look up separation anxiety - plus I think you've got a handy sleep regression around then. Grit your teeth, double check he's not teething/poorly and make sure you've got plenty of red wine in smile

Natedogg Thu 04-Jun-15 20:29:20

Haha! That made me smile (much needed). Thank you! It's definitely been tough, and I've drunk more beer in the last few weeks than I want to count. I'll hold on tight and hope we come out the other side soon.

Ive posted twice so need to work out how to delete this now.

squizita Fri 05-Jun-15 20:48:44

If you subscribe to wonder weeks theory it's slap bang in a "fussy phase".
If you don't it's still a well known fussy phase.

Got one here myself. She's also just learned to say MAMAMAM a thousand times if I put her down or stop either feeding boob or big girl food or playing! grin wine

Binglesplodge Sun 07-Jun-15 19:09:58

God. Exactly the same here and according to Wonder Weeks it could last up to 6 weeks... It's so trying, isn't it? I'm tired, and I'm finding myself annoyed by the moaning and out-of-nowhere crying! It doesn't help that sleep has also gone out of the window! Hope it settles for you soon: sending sympathy in the meantime!

NoMontagues Mon 08-Jun-15 10:31:07

Oh ok. This makes sense. DS was 10 months yesterday and I've been dealing with this kind of thing for about a month, maybe more, but things have improved a lot in the last week or so.

He is also the proud owner of 8 pearly white little teeth now. So that might have had something to do with it too.

TheOriginalWinkly Mon 08-Jun-15 10:34:04

Oh god. 8 months was Hard Bloody Work. It was the first time from she was born that I couldn't even pop to the loo without DD being heartbroken hmm She stopped going to people that she had previously loved as well. Yes grit your teeth, use your sling and drink your beer, it passes as swiftly and silently as it arrives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now