Talk

Advanced search

Best once-a-day suntan lotion?

(7 Posts)
Highlove Sat 30-May-15 15:27:46

That's it really. I know its been asked before but I can't find the thread. Off on holiday next month and would ideally like something super-high factor that is waterproof and only needs to be applied once. Suitable for a baby. Does this product exist? Don't mind spending a fortune if it's good. I got dreadfully burnt as a kid and don't want to take any risks with my very fair PFB.

KatyN Sat 30-May-15 17:46:27

We use the boots sol tan one. It definitely has a factor 30 which we use for my toddler. I'm not sure if the guidelines are 30 or 50 for babies to make sure they get some vitamin d. I'm pretty sure it's waterproof too (last years was..).

And it smells like holidays

KatyN Sat 30-May-15 17:47:26

Back again... Once a day is normally 8 hours so you might find you need to reapply. If your baby is out by 9am... As mine is!

ihearttc Sun 31-May-15 18:58:37

Ultrasun is brilliant.

poisonedbypen Sun 31-May-15 19:01:07

I wouldn't bother with the once a day as you will still need to reapply it if they swim. we use P30 but not sure if that is suitable for babies

turdfairynomore Sun 31-May-15 19:06:07

Rash vests and long shorts all the way! Much easier! Then just a regular factor 50 on the other bits!

issynoho Sun 31-May-15 19:13:17

Boots Soltan came out v badly in recent tests. Not sure if it was the once a day stuff but put me right off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now