Talk

Advanced search

Facial care for toddlers

(9 Posts)
kinkytoes Sat 30-May-15 08:57:09

Does anyone else moisturise their toddler's face? I wash my ds face with plain water but we live in a hard water area so it leaves his face a bit dry. I've been using bepanthen but curious to know if there's anything else I should be using?

cosmicglittergirl Sat 30-May-15 09:01:00

I do! But because she likes it. We had to do after she got dry skin under eye after having conjunctivitis. She then saw me doing my face and wanted it done. I use the cetraben cream the dr gave me. I thought it was a good thing as she would need to wear suncream and this makes the application easier.

cosmicglittergirl Sat 30-May-15 09:01:44

I believe you can buy that cream over the counter.

roofio87 Sat 30-May-15 09:42:59

I just use a bit of aqueous cream, it's really gentle, water based with not much else in. you can get a huge tub from cheap shops like home and bargain for a pound!

BabyKiwi1 Sat 30-May-15 09:50:17

Aqueous cream should not be used as a leave on moisturiser - it contains sodium lauryl sulphate which can irritate the skin and thins the skin barrier. It is ok to use as a wash but should not be left on the skin.

mrsmugoo Sat 30-May-15 14:17:51

I use epaderm for face & body

neversleepagain Sat 30-May-15 15:34:55

Welida sell a baby and toddler face cream that we occasionally use. Organic and no nasties.

Alanna1 Sat 30-May-15 21:49:05

My doctor has presrcibed epaderm.

kinkytoes Sat 30-May-15 22:58:54

Thanks all. Not sure about using pharmacy stuff but I'll be seeing the health visitor soon so will ask if I should be using anything specific. Neversleepagain that sounds good I'll look it up! Good to know I'm not the only one with a little 'beauty regime' for my toddler!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now