First time mum and struggling

(5 Posts)
Lea2014 Wed 20-May-15 11:04:25

I'm a first time mum to an 8 week old baby boy , up until two days ago we were very lucky as he was so content and never cried however two days ago everything changed. When I feed him he arches his back and screams only stops if you put the bottle back in his mouth, I wind him every ounce always got his burps straight up and pumps however sonething is telling me he has a pain, I have been using gripe water, two nights in a row now at teatime he has screamed and it has took about 5 minutes for me to settle him, could this be colic? I thought babies screamed for hours with colic? I can slowly feel myself losing interest in everything and everyone I can't stop crying this morning, has anyone else experiened this ?

IDontWantToBuildASnowman Wed 20-May-15 11:21:03

It sounds like he has reflux. Visit your GP, they can give you solutions to help. Big hugs though as its really horrible to have a baby with reflux xx

Letmeeatcakecakecake Wed 20-May-15 11:27:20

Hey! My son had reflux. Nightmare.

Try using a slow flow teat and feed him sitting up, wind him regularly and sit him upright for 20 minutes after a feed! Raise his mattress slightly so he isn't laying completely flat! I found all this helped.

karigan Wed 20-May-15 11:46:41

My daughter had this. Kicked in about 10 and went on until 15 weeks. I found the best thing was a sling as it kept her upright and helped to wind her. It was horrible and I really struggled with the lack of sleep As she cried most nights until about 3/4am. Then it went away literally overnight at just before 16 weeks and she was back to bring really content and settled in the evenings.
She's 8 months now and it feels like a million years ago.

Get all the help you need from other people and know that it won't last forever. hugs

Lea2014 Wed 20-May-15 11:51:23

Thanks for your replies ladies I have raised his mstress and sit him up for half hour after feed, two bad nights taking it's toll but thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now