Should I stay or go?

(4 Posts)
Jules976 Tue 19-May-15 17:32:57

My husband has a new job over in Lincolnshire, my job is in birmingham & ds is about to finish reception dd is at pre school. I'm struggling with the concept of moving across the other side of the country... My life is here, that said will the kids have a better life in a smaller town away from big city issues? My heads all over the place, I love it here... I could use some advice on making a massive move work & the logistics of it all. I've never been afraid of a challenge but I have to say I'm struggling with this ��

Nolim Tue 19-May-15 17:37:49

Did he discuss this career move before applying for the job?

There is no "one size fits all" answer when it comes to where yo live. Moving to a new place is doable, lots of ppl do it, but it is not clear from your post if you want to.

Jules976 Tue 19-May-15 17:40:24

We both agreed that he should go for it, I think that's my problem I don't know whether it's what's I want or if I'm doing it because I think it'll best for the kids long term. He's much happier over there he never really settled in the Midlands even being here 15 years he doesn't have friends, hobbies etc...

Nolim Tue 19-May-15 18:50:26

Well only you can determine if that is really what you want or not op. Things to consider: can you find work, can you afford to live there, do you have a support network, are schools good, do you see yoursef living there and enjoying it.

Do you think your reaction is for fear of the unknown or because you dont think you will enjoy living there?

Fwiw i was once offered a job far from my location at the time. First i thought there is no way i am moving there. But then i thought why not? And realized that there was absolutely nothing holding me or my family in the place where we were living at the time. My oh agreed and so we moved. It was not a straightforward process, specially for my oh, but we made it and i think that we are in a better situation now because of it. I dont know if that is your situation obviously. But do talk to your dh and see what happens.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now