Swimming trunks for a toddler ?

(8 Posts)
curlyclaz13 Thu 14-May-15 16:04:59

We are of on holiday next months DS will be 2 and we have yet to take him swimming but hopefully will get plenty of chance to while away, obviously he needs swim nappies but looking at trunks from M&S are they roomy enough for a nappy underneath ? www.marksandspencer.com/2-pack-chlorine-resistant-assorted-swim-shorts-1-7-years-/p/p22343378

EggsAreNotFromCows Thu 14-May-15 16:10:44

Those stretchy ones are usually fine, the ones with the mesh inserts in can be a bit more difficult with a nappy though.

Have you considered using a zip-up suit instead of trunks?
If you're going on a hot holiday then this will give UV protection. If not and you are using indoor pools, they can be a little warmer if the pool might be cold.

RatOnnaStick Thu 14-May-15 16:11:46

They're just like a swimming costume. They will stretch easily over the nappy. If you're worried though, get some baggy swim shorts instead. Like these Or a lycra sunsuit if you're going somewhere hot.

At sizes up to 3 years its expected that a swim nappy will be underneath.

curlyclaz13 Thu 14-May-15 16:11:51

Bluestone in Wales so probably not too hot and hopefully warm enough indoors !

Whattonamemyselfnow Thu 14-May-15 16:36:18

I always use happy nappies and although they look tight they do fit a nappy underneath.
I think you can get them from boots. Also online. A lot of the baby toddler swimming classes use them. Happy nappy plus swim nappy underneath.

Enjoy your hol

NorahBone Fri 15-May-15 22:12:13

I've always used reusable swim nappies, which look like trunks anyway. I dont really understand the point of trunks that don't have a nappy part for a toddler!

NorahBone Fri 15-May-15 22:28:48

Although the M&S trunks are very cool.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Sat 16-May-15 19:58:19

We use the reusable swim nappy or shorts from jojomaman with a sunsuit over top

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now