Talk

Advanced search

8/12 month old not interested in food

(7 Posts)
Lozza81 Mon 04-May-15 20:59:44

Anyone else having the same problem? My 8 1/2 month old isn't really interested in food all that much, I've tried Ella's kitchen pouches she refuses the spoon. I've tried cooking food myself and purée she refuses that, I've found that she does prefer to feed herself so any type of finger foods she has a little of but not enough to fill her up.
Am I expecting too much from her? A friend told me food before 1 is just for fun, but I keep thinking well she'll be one soon and won't eat more than 3 mouthfuls of anything ��
Any advise for a head strong baby who refuses food greatly appreciated

CristaBell Mon 04-May-15 23:51:42

Hi, My DD was exactly she wouldn't eat anything only finger foods. How we've made improvements is by letting her take from my plate. We did this for a couple of weeks and now I've started giving her own plate again. She still isn't a brilliant eater but I feel we are getting somewhere. Good luck smile x

CristaBell Mon 04-May-15 23:52:45

Sorry I should of said, my DD is just a year old.

weaselwithin Tue 05-May-15 02:08:26

I thought all the nutrition she needs came from milk, so don't worry about that. if she's interested in finger foods and "real" food from your plate rather than puree, why not just skip the puree?

rootypig Tue 05-May-15 02:49:45

DD suddenly started scoffing things at about 9 / 10 months. She refused the spoon and did a lot of smushing, gumming, spitting out.....then one day scarfed a whole punnet of blackberries grin

Forget purees and all attempts at feeding and just give her chunks of really good fresh food - ripe fruit, chunks of fish, roasted veg, veg cooked in butter, omelettes. Something will grab her smile

rootypig Tue 05-May-15 02:50:27

Oh yes, eating together is an excellent idea, so she can work out what food is for smile

LIG1979 Tue 05-May-15 10:18:43

It could be the texture. My little girl would only ever eat the stage 1 fruit purees. never stage 2 or anything with vegetables or anything home made and pureed. Even now she hates anything like mash. However, finger food and normal food chopped small worked well. It took a while to try the chopped food but it was a real breakthrough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now