Dd keeps taking her nappy off at bedtime

(16 Posts)
slushie Thu 30-Apr-15 20:26:06

Just after some advice. Dd2s latest thing is to take of her pjs and nappy when she's supposed to be sleeping. I tried putting a vest underneath hoping she wouldn't be able to undo the poppers but she can.
Has anyone got any suggestions?

slushie Thu 30-Apr-15 20:26:47

Oh should of said she isn't quite 2 yet so I don't want to try potty training just yet.

mamababa Thu 30-Apr-15 20:27:54

It's a phase. DS did it. Just wait till she is sleeping and put it back on

FructoseTart Thu 30-Apr-15 20:28:13

Try putting the nappy on backwards or using onesie type baby grow things

gamerchick Thu 30-Apr-15 20:30:04

Yeah just put it on backwards. They do suss it but you might get a few nights.

TheAuthoress Thu 30-Apr-15 20:30:45

My almost 2yo is doing the same. We bought pull ups and call them her special bedtime pants (she knows her big brother wears pants) and she doesn't realise that they come apart at the sides and we've very careful not to let her see that and she's been happy as larry ever since!

Madlizzy Thu 30-Apr-15 20:32:03

We used gaffer tape and put the babygro on backwards.

MrsBojingles Thu 30-Apr-15 22:35:32

Gaffer tape!

Radish9 Thu 30-Apr-15 23:14:11

I once suggested gaffer tape to a parent in this situation and they were absolutely horrified; it took me a while before I realised they thought I was suggesting they used it to tie the kid's hands rather than secure the nappy!

Smellyoulateralligator Thu 30-Apr-15 23:21:38

grin radish

JemFinch Fri 01-May-15 09:44:42

Duct tape round the top of the nappy and a back to front baby grow / onesie.

We had a looooooong phase of this!

SunnyL Fri 01-May-15 09:47:27

Yup we're going through that now too. 4 times this week. We started using duct tape this week and so far so good.

HeffaLumpers Fri 01-May-15 09:50:51

Dd started doing this at 18 months. She was staying dry at night when she had no nappy on and hasnt worn one since. She's not potty trained in the day though but is completely dry at night.

Littlef00t Fri 01-May-15 12:58:38

Or a gro bag, they go up to 2/3 I think.

slushie Fri 01-May-15 18:49:41

Thanks for the suggestions, we tried them all and she still managed to take it off. I'm now ignoring her and leaving it off and crossing my fingers she doesn't poo!
Will also be getting a waterproof bed sheet.

TheAuthoress Sat 02-May-15 13:40:52

slushie she's a determined little girl! YY to waterproof sheet, and many spare bed sheets I think! I know my two stopped pooing at night by the time they turned 1 so all being well you'll not have to deal with that. It is very annoying changing bed sheets every day though.

Maybe she'll potty train early trying to look on the bright side for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now