Talk

Advanced search

Feeding issues. Help!!!

(6 Posts)
Lizzy86 Wed 29-Apr-15 11:31:15

My 3 week old doesn't feed well and I'm loosing my mind

He didn't latch onto breast so I expressed for the first week and then my milk started to dry up so I put him on formula (aptamil)

He feeds, but doesn't sound comfortable then after feed he looks like he's straining but he does pass loose stools so it can't be constipation ?

He grunts,cries and struggles until he vomits/projectile vomits and then he'll sleep for about an hour and then it's back to square one. I'm worn out

Help

Minitant Wed 29-Apr-15 22:33:50

I'm no expert but didn't want to leave your post unanswered. Just checking the basics... are you winding properly? Can take quite a while (up to 20 minutes) to make sure babies are well winded.

Writerwannabe83 Wed 29-Apr-15 22:40:22

Have you posted this in the Infant Feeding forum too? If not, then can I suggest it as you'll probably get lots of really helpful replies flowers

Roseybee10 Thu 30-Apr-15 17:58:50

Sounds like reflux hon x

Pocket1 Thu 30-Apr-15 18:20:52

My DD suffered similar. Was a poor feeder and therefore sleeper. I was losing my mind by 3-4 months and went to a paediatric Dr (having been poo-pooed by my gp 2-3 times). Turned out she was dairy Intolerant with silent relux - so she was given prescription formula (nutramigen) and meds for reflux (omeprazol). She improved within a day or two. Go see your gp and be persistent for a referral. Don't suffer for as long as we did. Good luck smile

Lizzy86 Fri 01-May-15 16:43:33

Thank you so much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now