Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Please reassure me about dc2

(3 Posts)
slightlyconfused85 Sat 14-Feb-15 22:25:08

I am 18 weeks pregnant with dc2 and already the mum of one 2.3 yo DD. This baby is planned, and after a few wobbly weeks I am looking forward to meeting him or her. I am however lying awake with worry that I won't love this child as much as I do DD. Like all parents, I obviously think my DD is funny, clever, advanced, cute and beautiful! She has been a good sleeper since very young and eats well. DP and I think she is awesome and we feel mega lucky that she has been pretty easy on the whole. I am so worried that I am going to think number two isn't as fab as her and won't be able to bond. I know this is stupid really but I am worried about the possibility of not loving them the same. hmm

BiscuitMillionaire Sat 14-Feb-15 22:27:06

You won't love DC2 the same - but you will love him or her just as much. Once that tiny hand grips your finger, you'll be hooked for life. Don't worry.

Katekoom Sat 14-Feb-15 23:03:29

Just the fact that you're worried about it speaks volumes.

I second BiscuitMillionaire, it wont be the same but it will in its own way be just as special

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: