Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Today my 2 yo stuck a twiglet up his nose

(4 Posts)
Definitelynomore Fri 13-Feb-15 21:15:11

... And I failed miserably, no joyfully, at keeping a straight face. He eventually pulled it out again, licked the snot off it and carried on eating. By this stage I was laughing so much that he repeated the action. Eventually DH intervened and took away the twiglets. Is anybody else this rubbish at keeping a straight face when they should be keeping their little ones away from possible nostril-related (or similar) injuries?

AtAt Sat 14-Feb-15 15:53:42

The amount of times I've told ds off for throwing something, but then congratulating him on his good throws-mixed messages much? smile

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Sat 14-Feb-15 19:19:57

Yes, I am crap at keeping a straight face. The other day my DS made fire engine noises while pretending his willy was putting out fires (luckily no wee). I laughed way too hard

squizita Sat 14-Feb-15 19:48:26

I just watched and laughed as 4 1/2 month dd pushed herself around the floor/mat as dh tried to replace her nappy after bathtime. Lying on her back but walking herself backwards with her little bandy legs like a slippery eel! grin She looked really fierce and determined too and kept yelling "aaye"!

Eventually I helped.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: