Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Does your toddler regularly have a bloated tummy?

(11 Posts)
HyperThread Thu 12-Feb-15 21:40:58

Hi,

I'm not sure how normal this is. My toddler regularly has what looks like a bloated tummy. Is this normal? He does have multiple intolerances but is very well managed.

mumofboyo Fri 13-Feb-15 13:56:39

Sometimes both of mine have a big belly at bedtime if they've eaten well that day but not done much in the way of pooing. For them it generally means they'll have a big poo 1st thing in the morning and perhaps a few times the following day. They don't have any known allergies or intolerances. I don't know if this is what you mean, sorry if not.

Penguiney Fri 13-Feb-15 13:57:59

Dd gets what looks like a pregnant belly after eating or at the end of the day sometimes. She has no intolerances.

wheresthelight Fri 13-Feb-15 15:37:53

yup and usually followed by poonami style nappies.

vladthedisorganised Fri 13-Feb-15 15:43:39

Mine used to, just before a growth spurt. Nothing to do with intolerances as I thought, and apparently quite common.

HyperThread Fri 13-Feb-15 19:57:54

Thanks! I'm relieved to hear it is normal. I was worried it might be coeliac.

jimmycrackcornbutidontcare Fri 13-Feb-15 20:34:41

Every night when I'm changing mine into their pyjamas I marvel at how massive their stomachs have got throughout the day. Next morning they are all back to normal.

slightlyconfused85 Sat 14-Feb-15 07:57:18

I can never quite get over how big my 2yo dds belly is by the evening! It deflates by morning and I expect it will flatten out with age and muscle tone. It's super cute

AwfulBeryl Sat 14-Feb-15 08:09:17

I thought that it was down to all the internal organs packed up tightly in to their teeny tiny little tummys <gets a bit gooey at the memory of squishy tummys> Although I could be wrong.
My Dts have got flat stomachs now, they always had a little pot belly, it only disappeared in the last 6 months or so, they're 4.

Queazy Sat 14-Feb-15 10:41:52

Mine too - same as mumofboyo said

SylvaniansKeepGettingHoovered Sat 14-Feb-15 18:45:40

Both my DDs had round pot bellys as toddlers, it disappears as they grow.

Also, I noticed their bellies would get really big and round (like they had a football in their belly!) for a week or two just before they had a proper growth spurt and grew a few inches/went up a clothes size!

My DDs are slim built with flat tummies now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: